Chippenham, Corsham and Box Primary Care Network have the following vacancy
Physician Associate in General Practice
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Chippenham, Corsham and Box Primary Care Network for a newly qualified or experienced Physician Associate (PA). We are looking for a full time PA who will join our growing team working across our network of 5 GP surgeries
This is an innovative and developing post which will require flexible working across our PCN. You will be expected to undertake your own consultations and appointments may include face to face, telephone, video and online formats. Your day to day clinical supervision is provided by our experienced in-house GPs within each Practice.
Formed in 2019, Chippenham, Corsham and Box PCN is an enthusiastic, dynamic and friendly PCN made up of 5 GP surgeries, serving 54,000 patients. We are constantly striving to improve patient pathways and health care outcomes and we are developing innovative ways of working more closely together. As our PCN grows, we will be employing more professionals listed in the PCN Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme in the coming months and years.
Under supervision of GPs across the PCN and following approved protocols as appropriate, you will provide patient care and demonstrate safe assessment and clinical decision-making. You will work collaboratively with the healthcare team to meet the needs of the patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures and providing holistic patient care
Please see attached Full Job Description for further details.
- Demonstrable patient assessment skills
- Demonstrates an in depth knowledge of related medical conditions, treatments and pharmacology
- Ability to work autonomously within the scope of supervised practice
- Detailed knowledge of maintaining confidentiality and implementing data protection legislation requirements including information governance
- Experience of supporting doctors in clinical decision making
- Experience of general practice and/or secondary care
- Postgraduate Diploma/Masters level qualification as a Physician Associate from an accredited UK University
- Bachelor Degree in Life Science/Biomedical/Nursing or Allied Health Science
- Member of Faculty of Physician Associate Managed Voluntary Register (PAMVR)
- Valid national certification and recertification every six years stipulated by PAMVR
- Basic or advanced Life Support
- Equal Opportunity training in the last three years
- Any other relevant clinical qualifications
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website.
Closing date 28th September 2021
If you are interested in this position or wish to arrange an informal visit Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 28th September 2021